"PUBLISHED CHILDREN'S AUTHOR!"
25th May 2023
Happy World Thyroid Day!
I'm celebrating extra hard today because my new book "Thyroid Superhero: A Kid’s Guide to Understanding Their Grown-up’s Hypothyroidism" is also released today!!
- Is written for children 2+, though many adults will also learn a thing or two!
- Will teach them about their grown-up's hypothyroidism!
- Covers what hypothyroidism is, what thyroid flares are, why we may need to reschedule plans, what thyroid medication is and more. All in an age-appropriate way for kids to understand without feeling worried.
- Includes a fun “find the butterfly on each page”, for kids to engage with the thyroid gland being butterfly-shaped!
- Includes further resources to start a dialogue between child and caregiver about their symptoms and what it all means.
My own children inspired me to write this book, when I was asked questions such as “Why don’t you eat gluten?” and “Why is mummy more tired some days?”
This answers their questions, encourages them to see those with chronic illness with acceptance and awareness and also teaches them the signs of a thyroid condition too.
Thank you SO much for your continued support with my thyroid advocacy work. It means the world to me.
- Rachel Hill, The Invisible Hypothyroidism
- Join me for an online thyroid seminar THIS FRIDAY: "Coping with the psychological symptoms of thyroid conditions."
- Don't forget my book competition closes in a few days time! Win all 3 copies of my books by entering on Instagram here, and Facebook here.
- I did an Instagram LIVE chat with Thyroid Pharmacist, Izabella Wentz. Replay is here.
Be your own thyroid advocate. 🦋
The Invisible Hypothyroidism
This newsletter may contain affiliate links where I earn a small commission if you purchase through it. This does not change the way I work or the products I link to, and it doesn’t change your user experience. To find out more information, please read my disclosure statement. For example, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Copyright © 2022 The Invisible Hypothyroidism. All rights reserved.